Final Project Part 3

So right after last class I began to fix everything I was  told from the critique. Since then I have not really worked on it again since I had to finish a paper before the start of my Comprehensive Exam. Which at this point is still horrifyingly stressful and scary. Once comps are done, I intend to finish working on the site adding in pop-up images onto some of the pages.

 

 

I posted on Danielle‘s blog

Advertisements

Final Project Part 2

Well this week has been full of panicking and getting extremely frustrated over my ideas and the code not doing the same thing and worrying over the simplicity of the site. I like simplicity but fear this one is boring. So there were a lot of late nights some of which were just panicked brainstorming.

All that aside, I have added a dropdown aspect to my navigation bar. I am also considering shifting the way I arrange my analysis on the site. Separating it by artwork rather than keeping it all together. I also added a contact widget. I do plan on attempting to add popups to many of the images with the site.

On a side note I looked at a website on Edmonia Lewis and found it was really boring in its design and not very accessible visually.

Here is my site so far.

Design Project

For the design project I got the basics all ready for todays class. However for the final project I still have a variety of decisions to make. One of which is whether to include a form of interactivity. I was thinking about trying to make it so that if you click on an image and it then pops up in a window within the page. So basically take a thumbnail and it expands and becomes bigger and one can exit out and still be on the same webpage. I don’t know if I have the skill set for that.

I also am considering placing “(Figure 1)” and having it link to a gallery page with all the images. I’m not certain about this yet though.

Here is my design project.

I commented on Annie‘s blog.

http://anniemakar.typepad.com/blog/2016/04/meltdown-pt-1.html

Final Project

Trying to get this final project off the ground is a bit daunting. I’m concerned about how text heavy my site it and that it will be overwhelming. Hopefully it will work out. After reading about making websites easier for those with disabilities I want to attempt to make my site a bit easier for those with visual impairments to read. As someone that grew up with a visually impaired parent I understand the desire for accessing the same things as before. I’m considering making the text a bit bigger and with larger line-spacing as well as breaking it up a bit.

On a side note, I was reading Jenna’s blog about interactive aspects on a site, I’m not so certain about how that would work with my site. I don’t know if I need it really. But learning how to do it would be awesome.

Still working on things, so we’ll see how everything goes.

I commented on Josh’s  and Jenna’s blogs.

Image Project

This project definitely helped me become much more proficient in the use of Photoshop. I really loved coloring, creating, and editing images for my site and found it fun. Unfortunately it is also time consuming and was hard to want to do my other classes homework.

I am okay with the way my Image Assignment turned out, I have a few things I feel aren’t quite right, but I was frustrated and needed to move on. Perhaps later I can go back and work on some more. Such as the layout of the images.


I haven’t gotten too all of the readings yet but I am finding the ones I have read useful and interesting. I think it is important to consider disabled users needs for websites as they do account of a chunk of our web traffic.


I commented on Danielle‘s blog.